GLD is seeking a research associate to work with two new exciting projects: One examines subnational variation in crisis response, with an aim to understand how individual and community factors have affected governance and outcomes in response to the Covid-19 crisis. The other project explores the impact of international aid on poverty. Both projects will be implemented in Malawi.
Please note, this job requires an MA in MA in Political Science, Economics, Sociology, or a relevant field, extensive research experience, and fluency in English AND Chichewa OR Chitumbuka.
The type of employment is fixed-term 12 months. Extent 100 %. Start date as soon as possible.
How to apply
The application should include a cover letter, a CV and 1 English writing sample (preferably a previous academic work, i.e., thesis, course paper, etc.)
In order to apply for a position at the University of Gothenburg, you have to register an account in our online recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement and that it is submitted before the deadline. The selection of candidates is made on the basis of the qualifications registered in the application. Please submit your application in English.
Closing date: February 25th, 2022.
- An MA degree in political science, economics, sociology, or a relevant field
- Extensive research experience
- Fluency in Chichewa or Chitumbuka (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in conducting and analyzing qualitative case studies, focus groups, household surveys and/or elite interviews
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative methods and data analysis
- Experience in writing publishable academic articles and/or reports and policy briefs
- Experience in presenting research results
- Previous participation in large-scale research programs and projects
- Experience working internationally or with people from different cultures
- Understanding of poverty traps and/or community resilience
We are looking for a candidate who is flexible and well-organised and comfortable working individually and in a team.
For further information regarding the position
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Rose Shaber-Twedt, Programsamordnare
Phone:+ 46 31 786 4028
Administrative Manager Åsa Adin
Phone: + 46 31 786 1190
Information for International Applicants
Choosing a career in a foreign country is a big step. Thus, to give you a general idea of what we and Gothenburg have to offer in terms of benefits and life in general for you and your family/spouse/partner please visit: