Call for Proposals: Short-Term Research Grants from The Program on Governance and Local Development
OBS! Due to the special circumstances, we will only consider coronavirus friendly projects at the moment. Please bear this in mind when you create your research proposal.
The Program on Governance and Local Development at the University of Gothenburg (GLD) announces the availability of a limited number of research fellowships for scholars for short-term research on Governance and Local Development.
Awards averaging 25,000 SEK (and up to 35,000 SEK in exceptional circumstances) will be offered to support research projects related to critical governance issues. Recipients are expected to submit a paper to be included in the GLD Working Paper Series. This call is open to all scholars, regardless of prior GLD affiliation.
Themes include, but are not limited to:
- Local governance challenges
- Service delivery as it varies across local contexts
- Relationship between state and non-state actors
- Level of corruption and citizens’ perceptions of it
- How citizens solve disputes with officials, families, and friends and how state or non-state actors are involved
- Participation in local elections and political campaigns
- How security services are provided in transitional periods and/or under weak central states
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A proposal detailing: Description of project/research plan (not more than 5 pgs long), schedule of work, and detailed budget estimate.
- A current CV
- A sample of previously written work (published paper, conference paper, book chapter, etc.)
These materials should be sent by e-mail in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only applications in English will be considered.
Grants will be awarded biannually with applications to be submitted no later than October 10 or March 31st. Our review committee will respond to all applicants within 2 weeks of these deadlines.